Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Journey

And so it is that I have decided to blog. My husband can't understand why. He thinks it very egocentric. Why would strangers be interested in what I say, how I feel, what I think? What if nobody reads it? What if they do, and nobody likes it? What would I even write about anyway -- it's not like I lead a wonderfully exciting life after all. I get up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, go to bed, rinse and repeat. What's to tell?

But that is precisely why this need is so strong. Who am I? What have I done with my life, and what will I do with the rest of it? This blog will chronicle the journey of my life, and my journey of self-discovery. Perhaps some will read it, and enjoy it, and get to know me. Of course I want to be read and liked. But most importantly, *I* need to get to know and like me, and I'm hoping this blog will help me do just that.

So this blog is not a business journal, or a recipe collection, or quilting lessons. It's not a travelogue, or a health diary. It's not a photo album or Mom's brag book. It will undoubtedly be all of those and more. let's see where it takes me. Let the journey begin!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogger land!! I clicked over from Twitter... I look forward to reading what you have to say. I hope you'll enjoy blogging.

    Cindy
    TanglesHairChwk on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading more! I hope every now and then you'll throw in a recipe or a quilt pic as well. Regardless, I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Jean this sounds an awful lot like my first post. It will be one year for me coming up on Feb. 9. I think things have turned out pretty well but the beginning is slow. You will find the more people you visit the more they will visit you. Just like in real life or RL like the cool kids call it. Lol.
    Your profile has a lot of parallels with mine except for I am not shy. I especially like the wine.
    So remember this. Some days you will be blank, completely blocked or some days you will be too busy. Don't worry about it. Just get back at it as quickly as you can.

    ReplyDelete